On 17 October 2016 at 13:47, Jim Mulder <d10j...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>  There is IARV64 GETSTOR with TYPE=FIXED and PAGEFRAMESIZE=1M.

It's perhaps not 100% clear how it uses the 64-bit registers, but z/VM
does seem to support AMODE 64 for the caller of Diagnose 8, so I think
this could work. I suppose these days a megabyte of fixed storage here
or there doesn't count for much.

Of course there's the question of whether z/VM yet supports the large
pages (EDAT-1) needed to make this work. I don't believe it does as of
6.3, though I may have missed an announcement.

Tony H.