sipp...@sg.ibm.com (Timothy Sipples) writes:
> I strongly disagree with the word "all." I don't think that word in this
> sentence is grounded in a reasonable, rational, informed assessment of
> comparative risks and testing costs.

re:
http://manana.garlic.com/~lynn/2016f.html#91 ABO Automatic Binary Optimizer
http://manana.garlic.com/~lynn/2016f.html#92 ABO Automatic Binary Optimizer
http://manana.garlic.com/~lynn/2016f.html#97 ABO Automatic Binary Optimizer

I wrote a long tome on this 17Oct1980 for internal distribution
... about having single monolithic resource versus having huge number of
smaller resources capable of efficiently rolling in/roll back. They sent
somebody from Armonk corporate hdqtrs to slap my hands. I had already
had my hands slapped that summer ... being blamed for online computer
conferencing on the internal network (larger than arpanet/internet from
just about the beinning until sometime mid-80s). Folklore is that when
the corporate executive committee was told about online computer
communication (and the internal network), 5of6 wanted to fire me.