Great. Now we've got PL/I and Assembler in the mix.

I do absolutely agree with Prino on "same everything throughout", at least
after program testing. There are assorted (and growing) compiler options which
should only live up to program testing (although there is not universal
agreement).

Proving that grass is green, doesn't mean that all grass is all green, or even
green. We are, or were, talking about a particular grass, ABO, and in the
particular, although highly complex in its task, it may not be entirely green.
It may be variegated, and it may be black. If purple, get someone to say so.