On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:59:43 -0800, Ed Jaffe wrote:

>At PSI, we provide the option for customers to allocate our CLIST/EXEC
>libraries either RECFM=FB w/LRECL=80 or RECFM=VB w/LRECL=259. One
>customer claims the industry-standard for RECFM=VB CLIST/EXEC libraries
>is LRECL=255 rather than LRECL=259. LRECL=255 would allow for only
>251-character source lines, which seems rather strange to me.

Why limit them at all?  Why not "whatever they want?"

It should matter little.  Nowadays (at last!) in a concatenation the largest
value prevails (or is that only for BLKSIZE?)

And if you need a larger member in a PDS, just copy it in with overriding
LRECL which sticks in the DSCB.

What was R.S. trying to tell me?  That at least it's not an undocumented
limitation?  I see nothing relevant in SG24-6106 (but what keywords?)

One of these days, I need to RFE for support of UNIX files in SYSEXEC
concatenation.  It works, sort of, but since it's unsupported an SR
is pointless.

-- gil