On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 10:44:42 +0530, venkat kulkarni wrote:

>Do anybody have sample batch job to transfer data using sftp.
>
>Currently we using FTP in batch job PGM but not sure what program we should
>use for sftp and format of JCL to transfer  sequential and PDs datasets.

SFTP won't deal with PS and PDS data sets.  For that, you'd need Dovetailed's
Co:Z, free to use, $ for support.

At times, I have kludged a pipeline of:

    cp "//'PDS.NAME(MEMBER)'" /dev/fd/1 |
    ssh user@remote-host "
        cat >target-file"
(Authentication via ~/.sh)

What sorts of systems have you
o At the controlling end?
o At the passive end?

JCL?  Look into BPXWUNIX.  (Can BPXWUNIX be executed from a JCL step
or is a Rexx layer needed?)

But must it be JCL?  Why not a UNIX shell script or Rexx, putting you a
couple interface layers closer to what you need to do.

-- gil