Um, OK...so it's going to work for the subset of programs that happen to
use the calls that they've implemented? This reminds me of early Windows,
when it was a shell over DOS: everything was fine until it wasn't, when
you'd try something that hadn't been handled yet, and fall off the edge of
the earth.

Seems like it's going to take a ton of testing to be sure your application
is going to run safely?!