From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2016 10:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: LzLabs in ComputerWorld

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

> I agree, but it must be an adequately solvable sort of problem if Wine
> can do it for the Windows API (adequately).
>
> Charles

​You just beat me to that (immediate _after_ I clicked SEND). But I'd consider
WINE more like CA's DUO which ran DOS programs under MVS without recompilation.
DUO intercepted the DOS service requests and emulated them or vectored them to
the MVS service (a translation stub kind of). Of course, IMO, the DOS API is
far simpler than Windows. Not a lot of "crap"
like MS.​