Can the standard z/OS FTP with SSL be used instead of either scp or sftp?  I
don't think we have any ssh server running at all.

________________________________
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Kirk Wolf <k...@dovetail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 12:39 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: New free / open source z/OS tools from Dovetailed Technologies

Scott,

Right, this is how we use it, except with C/C++/Java/Assembler and no
Cobol.
If you are familiar with make, you might also try invoking make via ant-ssh
in the same connection, which is how we do it.
The z/OS "cob2" shell command can be used to run the Cobol compier.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com
Dovetailed Technologies, LLC<http://dovetail.com/>
dovetail.com
Using Co:Z SFTP-server, systems with OpenSSH or another SFTP compatible client
may transfer files directly to z/OS datasets, controlling all aspects of
dataset ...

PS> I should point out that if you don't have Co:Z SFTP on z/OS but you do
have plain IBM OpenSSH, you will have to use the "scp" task instead of
"sftp" since IBM z/OS scp always does translation and IBM z/OS sftp does
not.