On 2017-01-20 17:50, Tom Conley wrote:
On 2017-01-20 15:10, Tom Conley wrote:
and the Pop-Up that appears after the search tells me

Robert,

I use TSOLIB from the READY prompt, and then enter ISPF.  You can
verify the
options and the active ISPCFIGU either on the main menu for ISPCCONF,
or by
running TSO ISPVCALL twice.  Google "Configuring ISPF for Fun and
Profit" to
grab my SHARE session on this.

Tom,

The double ISPVCALL you suggested has hung my session, with no clue how
to cancel it (other than sending an email to Sam).

Robert,

My best guess is that you have an outstanding reply because you don't have a
volume to allocate the ISPVCALL trace dataset on.

Nope...

Sam's given me a second userid to cancel the first (and the other way around). If I logon with either, don't do anything other than a double ISPVCALL, everything is OK. However, if I go back to the READY prompt and run the exec I run on two other systems, prepending my LOAD library in front of what's already allocated to ISPLLIB, and then do a TSO ISPVCALL, the session hangs, there are no outstanding replies, and CPU of the PRINO session goes to 100% (ouch...)

The only difference is that the "standard" ISPVCALL dataset is

PRINO.S0W1.ISPVCALL.TRACE

whereas the one using my(?) ISPCFIGU load module is

PRINO.ISPVCALL.TRACE

I'm stumped, it's midnight and I need to get some sleep. :(

Will explore further tomorrow...

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins