Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:16:33 -0600, Juergen Kehr wrote:

since a while we're using the new PARMDD keyword for our DB2 subsystems.

     http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/475/756/7ab.jpg

... what the users wanted was a PARM on the EXEC statement longer than 100
bytes.
Somehow, IBM couldn't understand.
<snip>

We certainly *did* understand. We further understand that there were sound reasons why that was not done. In fact, there was a protracted discussion right here in IBM-MAIN about how we should implement this support, well in advance of its actual appearance, led by the designer. I am reasonably confident that you can find in that discussion why it was done as it was, if you care to look.

--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie