From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Clark Morris
Sent: sunnuntai 9. huhtikuuta 2017 20.01
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: CPU Timerons/Seconds vs Wall-clock Time

[Default] On 9 Apr 2017 09:41:33 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
lindy.mayfi...@sas.com (Lindy Mayfield) wrote:

>I only have CPU time from SMF 30 but I don't have elapsed time which is very
>important.  I'd like to somewhat infer that a high CPU time means the job ran
>a long time.

There is a step start time and date in the SMF 30 type 4 record.  I am not
certain if there is a step stop time and date since I don't want to take the
time to bring up the appropriate manual and I don't have access to the
Assembler Macros.  There may be other records that have start and stop times
and the SMF 26 records may have execution time but only for the job.

Clark Morris