On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 12:01 PM, Clark Morris <cfmpub...@ns.sympatico.ca>
wrote:

> [Default] On 9 Apr 2017 09:41:33 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
> lindy.mayfi...@sas.com (Lindy Mayfield) wrote:
>
> >I only have CPU time from SMF 30 but I don't have elapsed time which is
> very important.  I'd like to somewhat infer that a high CPU time means the
> job ran a long time.
>
> There is a step start time and date in the SMF 30 type 4 record.  I am
> not certain if there is a step stop time and date since I don't want
> to take the time to bring up the appropriate manual and I don't have
> access to the Assembler Macros.  There may be other records that have
> start and stop times and the SMF 26 records may have execution time
> but only for the job.

​The SMF record is written when the step ends. Therefore, I have alway
_assumed_ that the SMF date&time written field (which exists on all SMF
records) is the "step end time".​

--
"Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is
ancient. It's called 'rain'." -- Michael McClary, in alt.fusion

Maranatha! <><
John McKown