I don't understand IBM's insistence on "data set", which is a generic
phrase equivalent to "set of data".  "Dataset" has been in use for decades
to mean a collection of records organized in particular ways and stored on
a computer system, particularly on our architecture.

Anyway, that's my perception.  Common phrases can be used as jargon, or
terms of art, but in this case, there's value in making it one word to
provide some clarity.

"File" is also a generic term, but has gained near-universal acceptance for
the same definition, in context.

Linguistics ain't like programming.

sas

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Longabaugh, Robert E <
robert.longaba...@ca.com> wrote:

> It is two words at CA as well.
>
> Bob Longabaugh
> CA Technologies