On Sat, 1 Jul 2017 22:00:14 -0500, Brian Westerman wrote:

>What IBM assigned message prefix?  I never heard that we were supposed to
>request one, we have been using SYZpnnnX for almost 30 years and I don't think
>I have heard that we ever needed or received an assignment.
>
>Who do I need to speak with to get ours reserved?

I think this was discussed very recently in this forum, but I couldn't find
it in the archives.  Something about email to ??????@IBM.com.  So I
did a Google search for "vendor prefix site:ibm.com".  Still no luck.  This
shouldn't be secret; I submitted an RCF and already have Thank you for
your feedback":

Hello, MHVRCFs,

In :    • z/OS 2.1.0
        • z/OS MVS
        • z/OS MVS Programming: Sysplex Services Guide
        • Sysplex Services for Communication (XCF)
        • SA23-1400-00
        • Using XCF for client/server communication
        • Defining and starting a server
        • Overview of IXCSRVR
        • Server naming conventions
I read:
... component prefix. For other software vendors, this is the unique prefix
assigned by IBM to the vendor. ...

This should explain to the "other software vendor" how to go about
obtaining an assigned component prefix.

This omission may affect other publications.

Thanks,
gil