> I know some malware for Win10, but I cannot remind any for z/OS 1.4...

Partially because most of the community has a policy of publicizing
vulnerabilities, but z/OS does not. The fact that you do not know of any
malware for z/OS 1.whatever does not mean that it does not exist.

Or expanding on Timothy's point, if you were developing malware, you would
have an interesting decision which of the two operating systems to target.
Windows is high number of instances/low value each -- kind of the WalMart
shopping of malware opportunities. z/OS is low number of instances/high
value each -- kind of the Tiffany of malware opportunities. With Windows you
would take a shotgun approach: "how many machines can I infect, and hope to
make some money off of a percentage?" so naturally some number of your
targets would end up discovered and publicized. With z/OS, you would take a
very targeted approach: "what one machine can I break into and steal a lot?"
Whether you were successful or not, there might not end up being any
publicity.

Phrasing it differently, for Windows you would develop "malware" -- mass
market malware, that would end up with a name and publicity (named by the
anti-malware folks, not the authors). For z/OS, you would develop a specific
targeted attack. It might be an "approach," not a "malware package," and
might not end up with a name (other than "XYZ Bank's ATMs were down for the
third day in a row ..." or "ABC Airlines experienced a massive outage
yesterday ...").

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Charles