Just my two cents... there are many reasons why a supported and updated version
is important, and why mainframe is just an other (big, complex) server in the
computer room.

Linux on z: servers that were located in DMZ, now running on z usually without
fw ("because it slows communication").
I also involved in a case where client error destroyed a large complex database
while the user used unsupported version. IBM refused to support them (ibm
Israel did support). At the end, I had to unload parts of the database,
correlate them and delete destroyed ones.

Software should be one step behind last ptf and red alerts should be inserted
immediately.

נשלח מה-iPad שלי

‫ב-12 ביולי 2017, בשעה 19:21, ‏‏Charles Mills ‏<charl...@mcn.org> כתב/ה:‬