Dear ibm-mainers,

I have a need to do something like this example:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_1.13.0/com.ibm.zos.r13.bpxb500/bpxzb5c076.htm

I'm curious about one part - perhaps I am missing something in the details
of the code.   I would appreciate any insight.

This bit:

D     R14,EPOCST         divide by seconds per tod unit
SLR   R14,R14
LA    R1,2
DR    R14,R1

I'm curious about something - the EPOCST value they use is actually one half of
the number of seconds per TOD unit.   And so they divide by two.
At first I thought that they were attempting some kind of rounding to the
nearest second, but I don't see how this accomplishes that (or if rounding
would even be desirable).

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies