Paul.

I took your advice so i placed the IF after a iefbr14 stwp with a fack
label i can recognize.
If no jcl error, the job is placed in the input queue and only JESJCLIN is
listed in the dataset. Stem variable. So the purpose of the jcl error is to
move thee job to outout queue.
I created different stem variables for each of the stem variables and using
isfbrowse service so no datasets are involved.

ITschak

בתאריך 1 באוג 2017 03:47,‏ "Paul Gilmartin" <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> כתב:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 22:39:02 +0300, ITschak Mugzach wrote:

>​I had some time to play with the JCL converter & interpeter. I wrote a
>small rexx program that submits a job (with IF as suggested by Gil). I had

BTW, note that IF can never skip the first step of a job.  I believe the JCL
Ref. requires that IF appear after a job step.  Violating this rule is not
diagnosed as a syntax error.  Indolent implementors.

>to cause a JCL error (at the end of the job), in order to be able to read

That puzzles me.  What happens if no JCL error?

>the sysout files. For some reason, SDSF Rex API only shows the original JCL
>if the job not in output queue... I also needed to pause few seconds until
>the job get into output queue!

RECFM=V rather than RECFM=VB may circumvent buffering.

Again, not my experience.  I have a job in which a Rexx EXEC scrapes its
own ID (ISPF service) and extracts its spool files.  The Rexx has TRACE R,
and the extracted SYSTSPRT is complete up to the statement that issues
the SDSF call to copy itself.

-- gil