On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 15:09:45 -0500, Peter Ten Eyck wrote:

>This is now working for me. I added the SDSF command input on to see all DDs
>via TSO SDSF and ISPF SDSF:
>
>CHECKCICSSTATUS:
>ADDRESS TSO
> "ALLOC F(FILEOUT) UNIT(VIO) NEW REUSE",
> "CYLINDERS SPACE(10 10) RECFM(F B A)"
> "ALLOC FI(ISFOUT) SYSOUT(Q)"
> "ALLOC F(ISFIN) UNIT(VIO) NEW REUSE",
> "RECFM(F B) BLK(3120) LRECL(80)",
> "SPACE(5 5) CYLINDERS DSORG(PS)"
> QUEUE " DA ALL"
> QUEUE " OWNER *"
> QUEUE " SYSNAME ESA1"
> QUEUE " INPUT ON"
> QUEUE " PRE " CICSREGION
> QUEUE " FIND " CICSREGION
> QUEUE " ++?"
> QUEUE " FIND JESMSGLG"
> QUEUE " ++S"
> QUEUE " PRINT FILE FILEOUT"
> QUEUE " PRINT"
> QUEUE " PRINT CLOSE"
> QUEUE ""
> "EXECIO * DISKW ISFIN (FINIS"
>ADDRESS ISPEXEC
> "SELECT PGM(SDSF)"

Guessing at the answer to Eileen's question:

On 2017-09-18, at 12:55, Barkow, Eileen wrote:

>Not that it would necessarily fix the problem, but you are using the old
>SDSF/BATCH product
>and not the SDSF/REXX interface.  SDSF/REXX has parms like ISFPREFIX,
>ISFOWNER, ISFFILTER.

... It appears that you're using neither, but a sort of Screen Operations
Simulation.
That more approximates batch than an API.

I find the API very powerful, not least because I get a status that I can act
upon
from each command -- not possible with queued commands, and because I can use
it not only from ISPF but also from JCL and even from a UNIX session -- no TSO
(much less ISPF) needed.

-- gil