>Alternatively, I suppose you could run without APF-authorization if you have
>your initial program listed in the PPT as requiring a system key, as running
>in a system key will also allow you to switch to supervisor state. On the
>whole, though, running APF-authorized is probably simpler and may be safer.

Running in (any) system key allows the program to overwrite any storage in that
system key. Every bug in that program puts part of the system at danger. APF
authorization is much preferred, IMHO, since you can switch in and out of the
authorized mode (supervisor state, or system key), only for as log as
absolutely needed.

If you run in system key via PPT, you have to stay there. I haven't tested of
RTFM, but I think you would not be able to return to system key once you left
it.

--
Peter Hunkeler