Nightwatch RenBand wrote:

>Yes, PDF's are great and portable, but they are designed for print.

>It is high time to come up with something better which will adapt to any

>screen format.  Print should be secondary these days,

I think that's called "HTML".

<rantofmyown>Alas, all too many "web designers" (insulting quotes
deliberate) are so focused on shiny that they forget the point of what
they're doing: to communicate information. Web pages with popup ads that
cover content; pages that cannot be scrolled using normal techniques; pages
that don't allow opening links in tabs.I could go on, but my blood pressure
is spiking. And I haven't even touched on the pages that simply don't work
IN ANY BROWSER because they're so heavily scripted that they were more or
less untestable. And of course there's no way to report the problem. Some
days I just shake my head and moan that the web is dying.</rantofmyown>