From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
scott Ford <idfli...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2017 2:22 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Somewhat Interesting Mainframe Article

Ed,

I agree with you. Machines are faster and faster. But customers are demanding
changes to code and fixes faster. This to me is a problem, especially if
'caution is thrown to the wind'. Dealing with the security subsystem, I.e.;
RACF, ACF2 and TOP-SECRET , many customers are ignorant of these products ,
especially in how and why they work.

I write in COBOL and my first love Assembler, so we have exits that support our
product.
I have seen like everyone else a lot of craziness. The approach of using the PC
and Java for everything to me is a cop out . This is the apparent trend I have
been seeing. To this t-Rex this is not the only path to product development.

Scott