Just a thought.

>From a vendor perspective I would think you would need a test in your process
>to verify that the microcode/firmware and LE runtime libraries will work for
>that shop.

For example, if you use XYZ in C language but that support did not show up
until z/OS V1.12.  The shop installing the code is at z/OS 1.10.  I would think
that would cause an error for the customer.

I had a case with a vendor product, where the developer used a cool new
instruction.  Unfortunately it was for a higher level of firmware than the CPU
we were running on at the time.  This caused an S0C4.  This required a SEV1
immediate fix situation.

I am not sure how much testing in the code that vendors need to do to support
any level of hardware or software for their products.

But I would think some would need to be done.

Lizette