Ze'ev Atlas wrote:

I hope that I word my question correctlyIs the C/C++ Runtime Library installed by default on z/OS or is it a product that needs to be licensed separately?In other words, if I distribute a software product, written in C, in binary form (load modules) and that product rely on the runtime library, what is the likelihood that the client's installations out there would not be able to run the product because the runtime library is not present? Ze'ev Atlas

Let me also speak as a vendor; for Dignus C/C++ (in he default mode of operation) the runtime is linked with the program. There is no dependency on an externally loaded component - or LE. So, you don't have to worry about version compatibility.

 - Dave Rivers -

--
riv...@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe programming tools at http://www.dignus.com