Doesn't that make for fairly large executables?
________________________________
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Thomas David Rivers <riv...@dignus.com>
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 4:58 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: C/C++ Runtime Library

Ze'ev Atlas wrote:

>I hope that I word my question correctlyIs the C/C++ Runtime Library installed
>by default on z/OS  or is it a product that needs to be licensed separately?In
>other words, if I distribute a software product, written in C, in binary form
>(load modules) and that product rely on the runtime library, what is the
>likelihood that the client's installations out there would not be able to run
>the product because the runtime library is not present?
>Ze'ev Atlas

Let me also speak as a vendor; for Dignus C/C++ (in he default mode of
operation)
the runtime is linked with the program.  There is no dependency on an
externally
loaded component - or LE.   So, you don't have to worry about version
compatibility.

  - Dave Rivers -

--
riv...@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847