I've detested PCOMM for decades.  User configuration never seemed friendly and,
even with perseverance, didn't always cater to valid combinations.  IND$FILE
was like using a screwdriver to bang in a nail.  Then there was the XMIT hoop
to jump through.

The best I've ever been able to use to get my job done were Tom Brennan's Vista
and Hummingbird FTP.  Paradise!