On 2017-11-27 7:22 PM, Bernd Oppolzer wrote:
run on my 3279 G display

And this time I'll get straight to the point.

I would pay money for a 3179-G manual.

Why?

Because while using programmed symbols is documented in a current manual, using 3270 vector graphics is not.

It used to be documented in the relevant hardware component manuals, but since those pieces of hardware are no longer marketed, the manuals have disappeared.

So how would TN3270 client writers figure out how to support vector graphics? Probably with a lot of VTAM traces of GDDM applications' TPUT traffic.

Anyway, just sayin'.

BTW, did I mention that after 10 years, I'm out of IBM since the end of last August? I wonder if they didn't think I was trendy or "with it" enough. With my interest in bleeding edge technologies like 3270 graphics, that can't be right. Never mind blockchain - I say let's think block-mode terminals!

:/

Cheers,
Greg