I believe that the 3279G used APA rather than PSS; GDDM supports both.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of
Bernd Oppolzer <bernd.oppol...@t-online.de>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 9:51 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Graphic output on the mainframe

Maybe dump question:

would a manual describing all the GDDM calls (from Fortran, for example),
be sufficient? Or is a lower level of definition needed? Is GDDM the
only way
to access the graphic functions of the 3279 G graphic displays?

I recall that I had some problems in the 1980s, because GDDM expected for
all function calls that the leftmost bit be set on the last parameter
address,
which Pascal didn't; so I had to build ASSEMBLER glue functions for
every GDDM
function which inserted the missing leftmost bit at the position of the
last parameter
address. This was expected by GDDM, although the number of parameters
was fixed.

I had a GDDM manual at that time which contained descriptions for all
GDDM functions;
IIRC independent of the calling language (the "normal" calling languages
were Fortran
and ASSEMBLER, obviously ... both using call by reference; because
Pascal supports
call by value, too, setting the high order bit in the parameter list is
normally not a good
idea).

But this GDDM manual is long gone ... sadly.

Kind regards

Bernd