We are currently not set up as a sysplex. And, don't really want to.

Tony Thigpen

John McKown wrote on 11/27/2017 03:03 PM:
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 1:58 PM, Tony Thigpen <t...@vse2pdf.com> wrote:

I have been asked about "Console Consolidation" for our multiple zOS
LPARs. Management wants to know what is available that will let us have one
display with all the console traffic from 5 LPARs. They are envisioning a
PC based solution, but we have the ability to run something on zVM. (These
z/OS LPARs are not under z/VM, but we have z/VM on another CPU with NJE
interconnection.)

Thoughts?

​The simplest way is to have all your LPARs in a single sysplex. That
automatically makes messages from every LPAR available to every other
LPAR.​ If you run a parallel sysplex, then, as Allan said, use OPERLOG
instead of SYSLOG for recording.

--
Tony Thigpen