Ron,

As I said twice, the issue is real, but it is not my problem.

I know a little about it, actually my colleague just told me about ICF challenges. I know rough number of datasets and the total space occupied is not so huge (datasets are relatively small - dozens of cylinders, maybe single hundreds). Since it is not my problem, I cannot discuss what solution would be applicable or provide more details.

Remark:
* both Unix files and PDSE member are good for small datasets, especially very small ones, BUT the majority of those datasets are kept for limited period, so one would need some replacement fo DFSMShsm features: backup, migration, expiration.

BTW: Isn't it funny there is no DFSMS for Unix files?

Regards
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland