I'm trying to delete a dataset that is not cataloged any longer.  I'm not
sure why it is not in a catalog, but it is not.  I've tried to re-catalog
the dataset, but it doesn't catalog.

So I have tried to every combination of IDCAMS DELETE I can think of.
NONVSAM
NVR
etc..

All return
** VSAM CATALOG RETURN CODE IS 8 - REASON CODE IS IGG0CLEG-42  - Dataset
not found.

So I tried IEHPROGM
  SCRATCH DSNAME=MARPACE.GODADDY.CERT,VOL=3390=STDL09,PURGE

IEC614I SCRATCH FAILED - RC 008, DIAGNOSTIC INFORMATION IS (0406001E),
STEP010,STDL09,MARPACE.GODADDY.CERT

0406001E -  Verification of SMS flags failed; caller indicates the data set
is not cataloged, but the *FMT1 DSCB indicates the data set is cataloged*

So I have no idea how to remove this dataset, IDCAMS won't do it because
it's not in a catalog, and IEHPROGM won't do it because it thinks it is in
a catalog.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you.

--
The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent
Mainline’s positions or opinions

Mark D Pace
Senior Systems Engineer
Mainline Information Systems