From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mark Pace
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 2:58 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Delete dataset catch-22

Doing the define NONVSAM - got me a little closer - the dataset is now
cataloged.  But when I use D to delete the datset -

IEC614I SCRATCH FAILED - RC 008, DIAGNOSTIC INFORMATION IS (04060020),
IKJACCNT,STDL09,MARPACE.GODADDY.CERT

04060020 -  Verification of SMS flags failed; caller indicates data set is not
SMS-managed, but FMT4 DSCB indicates that it is an SMS volume. This error might
be caused by a damaged catalog entry. Issuing the recatalog command might clear
this error.

Do I will try the recatalog command.