From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Dyck, Lionel B. (TRA)
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 2:36 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Best Practices for z/OS Maintenance

**CAUTION EXTERNAL EMAIL**

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected
emails**

A question was asked what the best practices are for installing z/OS
maintenance to make sure that the /etc and /var files are not replaced by IBM
maintenance?

(cross posting to MVS OpenEdition and IBM-Main Listservs)

Thank you

Lionel B. Dyck <sdg><
Mainframe Systems Programmer - TRA

lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN **CAUTION EXTERNAL
EMAIL**

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected
emails**

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.