Usually when I did a new zOS upgrade I used the /var filesystem that shipped
with that release, as well as the /etc file system. Made whatever necessary
changes to the new /etc that we needed and moved along. Cloned the new /var and
/etc file systems to each system in the sysplex.

Mark Jacobs

Jesse 1 Robinson<mailto:jesse1.robin...@sce.com>
February 9, 2018 at 2:41 PM
Thanks. That seems obvious, but I generally use the SMPE dialog, which lists
only one DDDEF at a time. I did a batch LIST DDDEF and found the same result:
no reference to /etc or /var. I feel much better.

OTOH I think we're remiss in looking for new or modified /etc or /var values in
a new release to incorporate in our local file systems. Is this just a matter
of IEYEBALL inspection?

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson