Anne,
I see it.  Infoprint Central (what we call the GUI) is for working with
jobs and printers for operations basically, but not for Adminstrator
tasks.  The book says, on that page:

Infoprint Central lets users display information about, but not work with,
these
objects:
* Printer definitions
* Printer pool definitions
* Infoprint Server daemons

To make a permanent new IP address for one of the printer definitions, use
the ISPF panels instead of Infoprint Central.
You should be a member of the AOPADMIN group to change printer definitions
in the inventory.  See page 55 in that manual for more details.

If you want to change the mapping of a host-name to an IP address, that
would be done in your DNS instead of Infoprint.

Changing the IP address for a printer definition in the ISPF panels does
not require an IPL.  As soon as you PF3 back out of the panel where you
changed the printer definition, you will see a message like "Element was
updated".  As soon as you see that your printer definition modifications
are in effect to be used.
--Roger