Hi Anne,
Redirect might sound like administration, but I know Infoprint Central can
display the printer definitions from the inventory but it does not edit
them.  You need Administrator authority to change the printer definitions
either with the ISPF panels or with the pidu command in OMVS.  The redirect
function tells Printway to send jobs targeted to one printer to another
printer instead.  Restore will end the temporary redirection.   The book
doesn't give details on exactly what happens under the covers to make that
happen. I think this is intended as a way to print jobs that were destined
for a printer which is temporarily out of service.

I know if you're using JCL to submit jobs you can use an OUTPUT JCL
statement with DEST=IP:nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn to direct print to a specific IP
address even if that address is not in one of your existing printer
definitions.  If you want to combine a new IP address with one of your
existing printer definitions for other attributes you can specify both.
See
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.aopu000/sing3.htm
for an example of using FSSDATA to select a printer definition by name, and
also override the IP address with DEST=IP:
That only affects that job.  To permanently change the IP address for a
printer definiton you have to use the pidu command or the ISPF panels.
Regards,
--Roger