From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Roger Bolan
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 3:21 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: InfoPrint GUI

Anne,
I see it.  Infoprint Central (what we call the GUI) is for working with jobs
and printers for operations basically, but not for Adminstrator tasks.  The
book says, on that page:

Infoprint Central lets users display information about, but not work with, these
objects:
* Printer definitions
* Printer pool definitions
* Infoprint Server daemons

To make a permanent new IP address for one of the printer definitions, use the
ISPF panels instead of Infoprint Central.
You should be a member of the AOPADMIN group to change printer definitions in
the inventory.  See page 55 in that manual for more details.

If you want to change the mapping of a host-name to an IP address, that would
be done in your DNS instead of Infoprint.

Changing the IP address for a printer definition in the ISPF panels does not
require an IPL.  As soon as you PF3 back out of the panel where you changed the
printer definition, you will see a message like "Element was updated".  As soon
as you see that your printer definition modifications are in effect to be used.
--Roger