When things break and the application support team doesn't find a fix, the
systems team will eventually get involved.  The vendors typically won't help
and management will demand a solution;l "you must have changed something in the
system".

It just takes longer when they bring problems in dead languages like UFO or RPG
:-)

I really blew their minds when I used SMS to implement TMM (Tape Mount
Management)... By job LOOKS like it worked, but it never mounted the TAPE!
That’s IMPOSSIBLE!

The operators sure loved it :-)