Rugen, Len wrote:

>When things break and the application support team doesn't find a fix, the
>systems team will eventually get involved.

... tell me... I have been there (called in), got a dirty T-shirt for all my
troubles...

>The vendors typically won't help and management will demand a solution;l "you
>must have changed something in the system".

It sounds too familiar to me... Or they said: "*&^%$#$, you removed my access
in RACF! Give it back! Now and I will NOT log a formal call! DO! IT! NOW!"

>It just takes longer when they bring problems in dead languages like UFO or
>RPG :-)

Which reminds me that I had to resolve a Clist problem some months ago. I
resolved it by using REXX despite 'them' howling/b*tching like hungry wolves...

>I really blew their minds when I used SMS to implement TMM (Tape Mount
>Management)... By job LOOKS like it worked, but it never mounted the TAPE!
>That’s IMPOSSIBLE!

Cool! That is Sysprog Magic!

>The operators sure loved it :-)

Sure, they're "tape apes". ;-D