On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:46:50 -0500, Steve Smith wrote:

>You need to set flag "S99NOCNV Do not use an existing allocation to satisfy
>this request."  But I don't know if BPXWDYN allows this.

I thought such an option was added to BPXWDYN several years ago,
but I can't find it in the Ref.

I thought that BPXWDN lately supports a recherché facility for supplying
an arbitrary TU, but I can't find it in the Ref.

It's not my day.

Ask about BPXWDYN S99NOCNV in MVS-OE.  Someone there knows.

>Depends on what you call a bug... DYNALLOC itself has driven me crazy with
>all the various flags and options trying to figure out "convertible", etc.

I suspect some of these were desperate attempts to improve performance in
the Bad Old Days.  Same as lazy "VARY OFFLINE".

Why is special authorization needed to mount a virtual tape?

-- gil