On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:46:50 -0500, Steve Smith wrote:

>You need to set flag "S99NOCNV Do not use an existing allocation to satisfy
>this request."  But I don't know if BPXWDYN allows this.

z/OS    IBM Using REXX and z/OS UNIX System Services Version 2 Release 3
SA23-2283-30
    Chapter 6. BPXWDYN: a text interface to dynamic allocation and dynamic
output
        Requesting dynamic allocation
TU(hex-tu-value)
    Builds an allocation text unit (TU) from the specified string.
    For example, alloc tu(000100010002c1c2) is equivalent to alloc fi(ab).
    TU can be used multiple times in an allocation request.

Ugh.

>Depends on what you call a bug... DYNALLOC itself has driven me crazy with
>all the various flags and options trying to figure out "convertible", etc.

It's worse than a bug; it's bad design defaulting to obfuscation with the
goal of performance.

-- gil