On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 12:32:26 -0500, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

>There ought to be an RFE tnat when the lookup fails in B's catalog the search
>should
>be re-driven from A's catalog.

How could that possibly work?

I reference B.DATA.SET and so the system goes to the catalog that B directs it
to. In that catalog, it finds no record for B.DATA.SET (because the ALIAS
record is in the catalog for A).

Having found no record for B.DATA.SET, the system has no idea that it's an
alias, nor any clue which other catalog it ought to look in.

The only way it could work would be to change the base functionality so the
ALIAS record could go in B's catalog, and I doubt that would happen at this
late date.

--
Walt