From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Feller, Paul
Sent: Tuesday 01-May-2018 07:55
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: IEFA107I when pointing to dataset alias

"A.**" and "B.**" can be in the same catalog.  The datasets that are in the
linklst or lpalist do not have to be in the master catalog.  You can use VOLSER
to point to the datasets.

LPALIST could look like this.
A.B.C.SOFTWARE(VOLSR1)
A.B.D.SOFTWARE(VOLSR2)

LINKLST could look like this.
LNKLST ADD      NAME(PROGPL)   DSN(A.C.D.SOFTWARE)
                               VOLUME(VOLSR3)
LNKLST ADD      NAME(PROGPL)   DSN(A.C.E.SOFTWARE)
                               VOLUME(VOLSR4)

Thanks..

Paul Feller
AGT Mainframe Technical Support