Paul Edwards wrote:

>However, *as well as* GETMAIN having the capability I have no problem with
>other facilities such as IARV64 being able to do
the same thing. I see no reason to hold back GETMAIN. And note that if a
program using the IARV64 macro with the new parameter is run on an older
system, what do you get then? Memory above 4 GiB?  GETMAIN won't have that
problem, as it
reverts to LOC=31 memory.

Hmmm, interestin what you said. Perhaps you should include IARV64 (as per Jim's
suggestion) in your request and then you'll have to wait and see whether it is
accepted or not.

Good luck!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht