On Fri, 11 May 2018 00:29:40 -0500, somitcw wrote:

>SG24-7605-00
>z/OS Version 1 Release 10 Implementation
>April 2009
>Pages 6 and 104
>Claims that next to E-Nuc is ESQA, ELPA, ECSA, then E-private.

That illustration in that Redbook is incorrect.

>When did they move?

They didn't.

>Are we requesting a feature that is already there?
>IBM could do that real quick.
>
>Paul's wanting SVC 120 to get memory up to 4GB-1 and
>have IARV64 and IARST64 stick with 33 to 64bit addresses
>would actually need a couple of code changes and a little
>documentation.

You don't have a clue what would be required to compatibly dumb down
AMODE 64 the way you want it. It is something that provides no benefit
for z/OS users, despite all your protestations to the contrary.

I agree with Steve, Charles, Jim and others. This is a waste of time.

--
Tom Marchant