>  CONTROVERSY! z/OS UNIX: is it an enhancement or a tool of the Devil?

Both. The Devil is in the detail, and some of the details are diabolical.

I'm one of those who spell Unix as Eunix, with malice aforethought, and who
grumbles "When the only tool you have is a pipe, everything looks like a
filter!", and I grew up on upper case names, but IMHO the case sensitivity is
one of the things they got right. And yes, I have created two files whose names
differed only in case, when there was a sound reason for so doing.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3