From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Charles Mills
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:29 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Heretic alert: I really detest TSO REXX (the language)

I am definitely a Rexx fan but I have to agree that the necessity for hacks
like these does not speak well for the language.

While one can write 40,000 line applications in Rexx -- pretty amazing for what
is basically a .BAT file language -- I think perhaps the larger the application
the less suitable Rexx is to the task. Rexx is at its best in the 3 to 300 line
range. IMHO

Charles