On 2018-05-14 17:51, Phil Smith III wrote:
Charles wrote, in part:

I wrote a large set of applications in Rexx once. I put all of my "intended

to be global" variable names into a single Rexx variable and exposed it
with

Procedure Expose (Rexx_Globals)

Yep. That's one of the approaches; I've used that, also used a set of stems:

G.

U.

D.

(whatever, but often segmented that way-for example, G. might be global
configuration settings; U. be user data; D. might be, well, data data!).
This strongly suggests being rigorous with tail naming: I use leading
underscores for non-variable tails:

Even better, start tail names with a number, from many of my execs:

* Global (!g.0xxxx) variables:

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins