> On May 17, 2018, at 12:20 AM, zos reader <zos.rea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> We are planning to migrate Syncsort to IBM DFSort, May you share your
> thoughts on it, some might have done this on their shops, please share your
> experience
>
> Thanks, Samat

I have done this a few times over the years.
The little issues were :
1. The syntax for Syncsort control statements is (at least the times that I was
involved) were slightly different and usually a call to IBM resolved the
differences.
2. The second issue that seems to float to the top is (my memory is being
stretched here) Syncsort defaulted to “equals" and in IBM sort you have to
specify equals this seemed to be the hardest to debug and we ran into that
once. Once you figured it out its a no-brainer (but getting there is not easy
IIRC).
Please note this was quite a few years ago, but Syncsort seemed to leap frog
IBM sometimes in control statements and it can get out hand. We always had the
rule that you could not use those special statements and it worked out in the
long run. It used to be that Syncsort had better level 2 support, but IBM came
to the batters box and either equaled or superseded syncsort.
Ed