On 05/17/2018 01:25 PM, Edward Gould wrote:

>> Edward,
>>
>> You can set EQUALS as default at the installation level for DFSORT. There
>> is a slight overhead with EQUALS option which increases the time needed for
>> comparison of records and for data transfer.  DFSORT team provides
>> documentation of how Syncsort SYNCMAC installation options relate to DFSORT
>> ICEMAC installation options, based on our best current knowledge of the two
>> products.  It's meant to be used as a guideline to help you determine how
>> to set your DFSORT ICEMAC options for easier migration
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Kolusu
>> DFSORT Development
>> IBM Corporation
>
> Yes I knew that. It was more of an issue with SYNCSORT defaulting to it and
> not highlighting the fact. What we did in this one specific instance was to
> allow them to specify equals.
> Those few extra say milliseconds add up over a week/month/year  I will say it
> was hell to debug until the programmer gave us a hint. That and the fact that
> was the *ONLY* glitch in that conversion. I got a stubbed toe in my
> reputation from management. Up until that my reputation was excellent and no
> one ever questioned me, after it was Hmmm…
    And just how many stubbed toes have they had? Damn I hate hearing
stuff like this.

> Ed

Brian W. France
Systems Administrator (Mainframe)
Pennsylvania State University
Administrative Information Services - Infrastructure/SYSARC
Rm 25 Shields Bldg., University Park, Pa. 16802
814-863-4739
b...@psu.edu

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."